The Betika paybill number allows you to deposit and withdraw money in easy steps from the Mpesa platform.
About Betika Paybill
Mpesa is a mobile banking platform widely recognized in Kenya that allows users to store money, transfer money and pay bills through their phones. Mpesa was launched in 2007 by the leading telecom operator in Kenya known as Safaricom.
Ever since millions of Kenyans have used it in daily monetary transactions on their mobile phones. The other mobile money option available is Airtel money which is yet to be implemented with Betika.
The paybill refers to a number that you can use when making a payment to your Betika account. So, the paybill is used to deposit money and make withdrawals to a Betika account; the Betika paybill number is 290290.
Betika Paybill Deposit
Making a Betika deposit using the paybill number is easy and hassle-free. If you follow every step, your deposits will instantly reflect on your Betika dashboard with just a few clicks.
Below is a detailed guide on how to make a Betika deposit using the Mpesa pay bill
- The first step is to click on the M-Pesa app and then go to your M-PESA menu.
- Click on ‘Lipa na Mpesa’
- The next step after clicking on ‘’Lipa na Mpesa’’ is to select the pay bill option and promptly enter Betika’s paybill number, which is ‘’290290’’.
- You will see another column labeled ‘’account name type ‘’ Betika’’ on this column.
- After progressing through the above steps, correctly input the amount of money you want to deposit.
- Finally, once you have entered the amount, you will be prompted to input your M-Pesa pin and confirm the transaction.
- The deposited amount will reflect on your Betika dashboard in a few minutes.
Betika Paybill Withdrawal
Just like depositing, making a Betika withdrawal to your Mpesa wallet is fast, easy, and hassle-free. Follow the steps below to withdraw from your Betika account.
- The first step is to click on the Betika app on your mobile device or log into your Betika account through your web browser.
- After successfully logging into your Betika account, go to my profile. As soon as you open my profile, select withdrawals.
- The next step is to enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- After entering the amount, select Mpesa as the preferred withdrawal method and confirm your M-Pesa mobile money number.
- Finally, click the ‘Withdraw’ button to finalize the transaction.
- You will promptly receive an SMS notification from Mpesa confirming the transaction.
How to withdraw via SMS?
Withdrawing money from your Betika wallet balance to your bank account is easy and specific, all you have to do is ensure you perform the transaction with the same phone number you used to create the Betika account.
To do this, send an SMS with the text “Withdraw#amount” to 29090. For example, text “Withdraw#500” to 290290 to withdraw 500 KES from your account. You must wait a few minutes until you receive a confirmation SMS from Betika confirming the transaction.
Moreover, we believe the bookmaker will soon add other mobile money options like Airtel money to increase the variety in the deposit channels.
Therefore, we end by answering some frequently asked questions concerning paying and withdrawing from your Betika account using the paybill number.
To fund your Betika account, you can use the paybill number or use SMS. To use the Betika Mpesa Paybill number First, open the Mpesa menu, click Lipa na Mpesa’, select paybill, and enter the Betika Mpesa paybill number 290290. Next, enter the amount you want to deposit and your Mpesa pin to complete the transaction.
You can’t deposit money into your Betika account with another number. This is because your Mpesa account is connected to your number, and the bookmaker doesn’t allow third-party deposits.
To check your Betika wallet balance, log in to your Betika account and open my account, where you will see your Betika account balance. To know your balance via SMS, text ‘Balance’ to 290290; you can also dial *644# and select “my account” options, then follow the due steps to check your Betika account balance.
Withdrawals to Mpesa and airtel money via Betika takes just a few minutes to process. And once your withdrawal request is processed, the amount is instantly credited into your wallet. However, in some cases, when the user has not been verified, it may take 1-3 business working days to process withdrawals fully.